Thursday, January 22, 2009

SEO Secrets - Off Page Optimization

You may also have tried Adwords for a while and after your credit card maxed out at lightning speed, you realized that something had to be done.

Unless your web-site is so bad that no one signs up or buys anything, but that's another story for another day. Assuming that you're selling something that somebody wants, then you MUST make a profit. BUT, and it is a pretty big but, it all depends on how much it costs you to obtain that page 1 listing in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, Adwords can be a great tool, I use it for testing all the time, but to actually try and make a return on the capital invested is often harder than it seems. Very often,

It's happened to me and I know just what a horrible moment that is, when it dawns on you that you've been wiped. So, don't let that happen to you. If you're going to do it yourself, don't look for the shortcuts.

If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is. Realistically, unless you are a SEO expert, then I suggest that you either follow the excellent course here or outsource your SEO work, which are two smart things to do. To a trusted, proven party. After all, when my car goes wrong, I don't try and fix it myself, I take it down to my local mechanic.

the pricing of each click is based on the LIFETIME value of the potential customer, sometimes even above that, especially when ego or inexperience gets involved.
You see, if you think SEO is simply a matter of tweaking a little bit of HTML code on a page then I am sorry, you are sadly mistaken. On page factors, such as the correct H1 and H2 tags, correct meta descriptions and titles and other factors such as on page keyword density account for less than 20% of the overall Google ranking algorithm.


2 comments: